Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin have been release several time ago. It's time for you if you are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx or Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot, make upgrade to the latest Ubuntu 12.04 LTS LTS Precise Pangolin. You can choose the upgrade methods, upgrading via alternate Ubuntu CD or upgrading online via Internet.
1. Upgrading Online via Internet
If you have high speed internet connection, you can upgrade to latest version Ubuntu by typing this command from Linux Terminal.
- update-manager -d
The update Manager window will pop up and inform the latest version is available. Just click "Upgrade" to continue
2. Upgrading Offline without Internet
If you have limited connection with internet access, You can upgrade using alternate install CD. So, you can get the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for your OS. The alternate install CD help you to make several specialist installation with these following situations :
- Easy to setting up automated deployments
- No need network access to upgrade from older installations
- LVM and/or RAID partitioning
- support installation on systems with less than about 384MiB of RAM (although note that low-memory systems could not be able to run a full desktop environment reasonably).
You can download the alternate CD Installation from this link.
Just install script inside the CD, run it to upgrade your OS. Good Luck.. :)
Upgrade Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Easy Ways for Your Linux